Rules & Bye-Laws
4.7 Dress Rules
Members are requested to observe the Dress Rules for both the Clubhouse and the Golf Course.
Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests comply with the Club Dress Rules at all times.
The Dress Rules are outlined below and the Club respectfully requests that members, guests and visitors comply with them.
- Changing in the Car Park is not permitted.
- Clean smart dress for the Golf Course and the Clubhouse as appropriate may only be worn.
- Wet clothes must not be worn in the upstairs areas.
- Smart casual dress may be worn in the lounge and bar at all times and in the dining room on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- At other times men must wear a jacket and tie in the dining room or as published on the main notice board or advised for special functions.
- If eating in the dining room, a change of clothes is considered desirable.
- Denim clothing, jeans, printed or collar-less t-shirts, football style shirts, tracksuits, trainers and for gentlemen cut off trousers, combat style trousers and cargo shorts are not permitted in the Clubhouse or on the Golf Course.
- Waterproof clothing must not be worn in the upstairs areas.
- On the Golf Course, gentlemen and ladies may wear tailored golf shorts to the specified maximum knee length. Gentlemen must wear either plain knee length hose or predominantly white over the ankle sports socks. (Not trainer socks)
- Gentlemen must tuck shirts inside trousers / shorts waistband, both on the course and in the club house.
- Ladies and Gentlemen may wear tailored golf shorts etc, as per the course rules listed above, in the Lounge and Bar area at any time from 1st April to 31st October.
- The shorts rule also applies to the Dining Room for special events as displayed on the notice board.
4.6 Mobile Phones
The use of mobile phones and pda’s for voice conversation is not permitted on the Golf Course or within the confines of the club house and they shall be switched to silent at all times.
Mobile phones & pda’s may be used on the balcony and in the car parks only for voice conversation.
The use of mobile phones and pda’s on the Golf Course will be permitted in the event of an emergency where emergency services (fire, police, or ambulance) are required.
When on duty, our Course Marshalls have been asked to enforce these rules and will be happy to assist with any queries you may have. You should be aware that those not complying with these Rules will not be permitted to play golf or enter the Clubhouse.
Slow Play: For the benefit of all it is suggested that if you play slowly then you are likely to be holding up the field and thereby causing frustration to those following.
Bunkers: All bunkers have a rake available. Please rake bunkers after use and leave the rake in the bunker in such a position that the handle is readily accessible for those following. Players are requested to refrain from taking trolley’s between the bunkers and greens.
Pitch Marks: Players are requested to repair pitch marks.
Divots: On the tees you are requested to use the soil and seed mixture provided in the soil boxes. Divots on the fairways should be replaced and stamped into the ground to assist repair of the damaged area.
Please ensure that you are aware of these Course Etiquette requirements.